Follow This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

SAKANA ISSIN (魚一心)| Conveyor Belt Sushi Bar | Otaru

Otaru is famous for its fresh seafood. Even Kaitenzushi bars serve unbelievably high-quality sushi. Today I'll show you one of the recommendable bars.

"SAKANA ISSIN (魚一心)" is in "WING BAY OTARU (ウィングベイ小樽)", a shopping mall adjacent to JR Otaruchikkou (小樽築港駅)↓

This reasonable sushi bar is on the 2nd floor at Gobangai (五番街) in the shopping mall.

-Useful information-
This shopping mall has been renovated recently, and we can enjoy this discount service from the 22nd to 28th of June!! Hurry up, everyone!!! Hahaha!!

Well, let's enter it!

First, I enjoyed today's specials, especially fish caught off this area. Actually, the first two dishes were treated as Ike jime (活〆), a special skill to drain blood from a live fish (from the above the gills and at the base of the tail) to keep it fresh. Sounds perfect to me!! 

■Fox jacopever (caught off Habomai)
This is very local fresh, and I enjoyed this fresh fish texture and taste!! 

■Flounder (caught off Kamienai)
I usually enjoy white meat fish first, and then oily fish...............

■Splended alfonsino
How wonderful this subtle sweetness is!   

■Tokishake (Salmon) (caught off Hidaka)
Salmon season is Autumn, right? Salmon in this season is still young, and contains more nutrient and condensed delicious fat! I love it!!

■Sea bream
Did I eat a lot? But I cannot miss my favorite↓ I ate it with salt, not say sauce so that the original taste can easily stand out!

Next, I ordered three pieces series!

■Shellfish three brothers
Scallop, Sakhalin surf clam, and whelk are popular local shellfish! All of them are very fresh and tasty!

■Grilled fish three brothers
My favorite salmon, scallop, and fluke fin are slightly grilled, and topped with thinly-sliced Naganegi leek! I like raw sashimi, but always ordered grilled sushi so that I can compare the difference each other!

■Toro three brothers
This salmon tasted compeletely diffrent from Tokishake or grilled salmon! Interesting!!! Of course two kinds of chu toro (high-quality tuna) were very delcious!

Do you have any idea how much it is totally?
It was about 2,000 yen!!!
Why don't you enjoy sushi at a reasonable price like this?

■Where is "WING BAY OTARU (ウィングベイ小樽)"?

View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?I'll guide you! Plz click here!