Follow This Blog

Monday, April 08, 2013

Okadaya (岡田屋) | Japanese Cafe | Lake Toya Area

I've found a unique dessert in Lake Toya Area! Well, well, well, let's go!
This is "Okadaya (岡田屋)", a typical Japanese cafe seen in a hot spring resort↓

Let's enter it!
Yes, this is a typical cafe, isn't is? But .................

Look at the menu!
What???

Oshiruko, or red bean soup is usually like this↓, but they serve "white" bean soup!!! Are you also interested in their special bean soup???

Voila!
It looks like hot milk! But when I taste it, it tastes like condensed milk soup ............ I asked the owner about the ingredients, and she told me they use Hokkaido milk and white kidney beans for it! That's why ..............

I love rice-flour dumplings in the soup!
The dessert soup is very interesting!!!

When you come to Lake Toya, why don't you drop by this cafe and enjoy this unique bean soup?

This Japaneses cafe is just in front of the lake.

■Where is "Okadaya (岡田屋)"?


View Larger Map


■Tour guide information■
Do you need a nationally-licensed English-speaking tour guide when you travel to Hokkaido?
I'll guide you! Plz click here!